August is the unofficial end of the summer season, so if you’re planning on driving to the North Shore for a summer vacay, now’s the time to start planning your stay at Odyssey Resorts. Check out our feature on Twin Cities Live!
When’s the last time you paid a visit to Enger Tower and soaked in the amazing views of Duluth? Or stopped for a beef jerky snack at Russ Kendall’s Smoke House?
After booking is complete, the next thing on your to-do list is to plan your road trip up north. If you’re like us, making time for a few pit stops along the way is half the fun. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with an interactive map featuring 24 Iconic North Shore Road Trip Stops.
We need S'more S'more Recipes!
The quest continues! We’re still on our mission to find the perfect s’more recipe, but we need your help! We know the classic s’more is hard to beat, but we’re looking for the most creative, and most delicious ideas for shaking things up. Share your favorite recipe. It's easy!
The Big Sipper
Enjoy a summer Sangria
- 750 ml bottle of chilled red wine (a dry Spanish wine if you want to be traditional, but pick your favorite)
- 1 orange
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 cup of your favorite seasonal fruit, sliced
- 1/3 cup of brandy
- 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Cut the orange in half and slice one of the two halves.
- Squeeze the other half into your pitcher.
- Add the sliced fruit and 2 T of brown sugar and muddle it all.
- Pour in the brandy and muddle a bit more.
- Add in the wine and give it a good stir.
- Taste - Take a sip and add more brown sugar and brandy to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve, or start drinking immediately with ice.
Share your creation